PURPOSE OF POSITION
• The Radio Announcer will uphold the identity and integrity of Ngāti Maniapoto and reflect the voice of Maniapoto descendants.
• The Radio Announcer will deliver a daily radio show that informs and entertains, as well as promotes and showcases Maniapoto mita, identity and history.
• The position supports the strategic intent of Te Nehenehenui to provide whānau, hapū and iwi development activities to operate, promote and facilitate radio communication, broadcasting and media services in Te Reo Māori and Tikanga Māori with a unique Maniapoto perspective.
• The position will support the GM Waihikurangi or delegated authority to bring iwi events, activities and issues to their listeners both within an on-air footprint area and around the world via online activity.
• The position requires an organised self-starter, proficiency in Te Reo Māori and Tikanga, who has great creative abilities, good networks and strong production skills.
If you know of anyone who would be interested in this casual position, please get them to forward their Cover letter and CV to me by Tuesday 7 November midday.
For more information and to view Job description, please click here