Ko wai mātou | About Us
Te Nehenehenui is the newly formed Post-Settlement Governance Entity (PSGE) on behalf of Maniapoto (inclusive of all within Te Nehenehenui). Deed of Settlement was signed in November 2021 which was a significant milestone between Maniapoto and the Crown, a process that took over 30 years to complete. In September 2022 over 600 Ngāti Maniapoto descendents travelled to Te Pane o Te Ika to witness the Third Reading of the Maniapoto Deed of Settlement. Since then all financial, commercial and cultural redress have been transferred to the PSGE.
Te Nehenehenui is responsible for the management and administration of assets on behalf of, and for the benefit of present and future members of Te Nehenehenui.
Te Whatu Muturangi
He iwi punga kāinga, he iwi tumutumu, he iwi rukuroa
Our people are grounded, our people are vigilant, and enabled, our people are empowered.
Te Whatu Muturangi, Te Kawau Rukuroa drives Te Nehenehenui towards two strategic priorities:
- Whakatōpū – whānau, marae, and hapū development
- Whakaranea – Economic prosperity
Te Nehenehenui provides governance and strategic direction and comprises of two arms: Ahuahu Group Limited and Waihikurangi Trust.
Te Nehenehenui are searching for independent members with proven governance experience and deep strategic expertise for Ahuahu Group Limited and Waihikurangi Trust. You will be expected to attend monthly hui, practice due diligence in decision-making and positively contribute to the growth and development of Te Nehenehenui to meet the needs and aspirations of our people.
Ahuahu Group Limited (Asset Holding Company)
Ahuahu Group Limited (Asset Holding Company) is wholly-owned by Te Nehenehenui and is the primary commercial vehicle of Maniapoto, as well as the asset-holding company for Maniapoto under the Māori Fisheries Act 2004.
- Provide strategic direction to deliver Ahuahu Five-Year strategic plan through commerical decision making for strategic investment opportunities
- Develop the organisation and direct the General Manager with generating ongoing sustainable economic returns for the Maniapoto Group.
- Maintain and develop the settelement, land and fishing assets to grow the overall settlement to achieve the 2050 goals of Te Kawau Rukuroa (refer to Whakaranea)
Waihikurangi Trust is focused on delivering value to tribal members by the social services, community, and cultural aspirations of our people. Trustees are responsible for oversight and strategic leadership of Waihikurangi Trust.
- Develop the organisation and direct the General Manager to take a lead role to give effect to the organisation’s strategic priorities.
- Provide strategic direction to deliver the Waihikurangi Five-Year plan (refer to Whakatōpū) through social investment and whanau, hapu, and marae development.
- Support the development of effective working relationships with government and strategic partners across Aotearoa.
KA KATI NGĀ TONO/ APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Sunday 3rd December
MŌ TE TONO, MŌ TE TIROTIRO TĀTAI TŪRANGA / APPLY OR VIEW THE POSITION DESCRIPTION: www.jacksonstone.co.nz
TAUPĀNGA /REFERENCE: BH-10761
ME HE PĀTAI ANŌ / FURTHER ENQUIRIES: Rachelle Russell or Anastasia Gyson 04 550 8000
For more information – Please click here